9.4.11

less than a week!

Now that Friday is finally over, its officially less than a week until the closing date! I.CAN.NOT.WAIT. [My sister and Bryant loves it when i use lots of periods ;p] I'm so excited that I can't sleep! If someone would have told me last year that I would be buying a house in Lexington, I would have given them the strangest look followed by a "You must not know me that well!" When I look back at where I was a year ago it is absolutely crazy to think of everything that has happened. I was in a very bad place this time last year, and now I couldn't be happier. I have grown so much and definitely learned a lot about myself.

Some things I learned about myself:
1. I am very naive and way too trusting. I alway assume positive intent with people I know, even when that person has hurt me before. I honestly feel like there is some good in everyone, but I am realizing that sometimes its buried way way waaaaay down there and not worth my time and energy.
2. I depend on other people...a lot. Like to the point where I would say I am almost spoiled but not really. I just feel that way sometime. :/
3. I have allowed a lot of bad people in my life. And when I say "bad" I don't necessarily mean that they are bad people in general, but just not a good fit for me. I have broken off a lot of friendships that weren't healthy for me, or people that just didn't contribute to our friendship. It really pained me to look at all my "friends" and see so many of them were really just friends when they wanted to be or needed something. I never want to be that type of person, so I figured "You are who you hang out with" so they had to go. I want to surround myself with positive, encouraging people who want the best for me, and I for them!
4. I'm kind of a packrat. Ugh. I hate that word, and I'm definitely not as bad as I use to be. Promise! I went home to my parents house for a night this past week to clean out my room in their house, and Mom couldn't help herself but to share the story of us cleaning out my closet when I was younger and finding everything in there. I'm talking about old newspapers, pictures that I had cut out of magazine, and even several toilet paper rolls. Which in my defense, you never know when you might need one! I was a big crafter and you can make a ton of stuff out of toilet paper rolls. haha But like I said, I am getting much better, and I definitely don't want to junk up the new house from the start.
5. I talk too much. Let me explain...I am a talker, and I'm totally ok with it. But it has come to my attention that I have a problem, Diarrhea of the Mouth. When someone asks me a question, even a very simple "yes or no" question, I give them just about everything but the actual answer. I turn every question into an open ended question, which isn't alway bad, but isn't always good. I'm just trying to watch what I say and who I say it to.
6. I have an amazing family. I was extremely blessed with the family God gave me, and I think my parents did a pretty good job raising me. If I do say so myself. They have been through a lot with me, and I'm glad they never gave up on me. I know I didn't make it easy for them. And I can not say enough about my sister. She is the best friend I don't deserve.
7. I am so lucky. Like I said, a lot has happened within the past year, and feel so lucky to have made it out with the attitude and the people by my side that I have. An ah-maz-ing family, great friends, fun jobs, and a very special boy. [Who pulled a back muscle today and can barely move :( ]

Ummm...sorry that this turned into such a personal post. Definitely not my intentions, nor was it my intention to get teary-eyed while writing a post. haha Silly girl!

me and my arnie palmy blabbin away :D



xo,
Lucy

Anything you have learned that you wish you knew earlier in life?

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog! I had the same dealio with #3. It hurts and sucks balls.

    ReplyDelete